Social media is the ultimate place to make connections. Here you can find people who can:
- Help you with your career or business,
- Buy your product or service,
- Answer your questions,
- Link to your website,
- Promote you,
- Share insider tips…
…or who are just interesting people to get to know, and much, much more!
1. Finding People By Interest, Topic or Bio
Let’s say—just for the sake of example—that you’re trying to find the top influencers on the topic of “parenting.” All the links below will take you to results on “parenting” (where possible) so you can see how to do a keyword search.
- Topsy Expert Search
- Listorious List Search
- TweetLevel topic search
- Search Twitter Twitter bios via Google
- Klout topic search
- Twellow Directory Search
- Super Dashboard at peoplebrowsr.com #FollowFriday most recommended
- TagWalk.com (shows related resources)
- Hashtweeps top users by hashtag
- HooSaid user search
- WeFollow Directory Search
- Research.ly (allows limited free searches)
- Social Mention
2. Finding People by Name
3. More Strategies
4. What Should You Do When You Find Them?
If you’re looking to connect with influential people, see the section titled “How to find the most influential people willing to help you” at “The ULTIMATE guide to finding and engaging influential Twitter users.”
It’s a good idea to see how much these folks converse with others. Try a Twitter search such as this one to see their conversations.